Burn Injury Lawyer Serving Riverside & San Bernardino
When fire, hot objects, electricity, radiation, or dangerous chemicals burn victims, the damage can be extensive. The tissues, ligaments, and underlying muscle can all sustain significant and even permanent harm. Severe, third-degree burns are prone to infection and recovery complications, and are often fatal. If a person survives a burn injury, he or she should look into how and why the burn occurred. With help from DeWitt Algorri + Algorri, PC, burn survivors may discover they are eligible for significant financial recovery in Riverside or San Bernardino.
What Is Your Burn Injury Claim Worth?
At DeWitt Algorri + Algorri, PC, we know you can’t put a price on the intangible and non-economic damages you or a loved one suffered in a severe burn incident. No amount of money can take back your emotional trauma, physical scarring, disfigurement, or disability. We also know, however, that a suitable settlement or verdict can go a long way toward paying for extensive medical bills and padding the future. It is our hope that the money we secure for burn survivors can at least make a small difference in their lives. A successful case can lead to payment for losses such as:
- Past and future medical bills. Burn injuries are intricate and often require long-term medical care, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. A lawsuit can compensate you for hospital stays, surgeries, skin grafts, therapies, medications, live-in care, and other medical costs.
- Lost wages and lost capacity to earn. Weeks or months in the hospital can mean the same amount of time of lost wages from missed work. Our lawyers can valuate these losses as well as income dips from the inability to return to a previously held job, or an inability to go back to work at all.
- Physical pain and emotional suffering. Burns are traumatic and painful injuries. It is up to the jury to put a monetary value on these non-economic harms, through evidence the plaintiff provides of the impact the burns have had on his or her life and future. A good team of lawyers is important for getting the most for these damages.
- Lost quality or enjoyment of life. Burn survivors often have permanent reminders of their accidents in the form of scarring or amputations. If your burns have caused permanent disability, you could qualify for the non-economic damage of lost enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages. If the defendant is guilty of particularly gross negligence, or if he/she acted intentionally, the California courts may award punitive damages. This additional compensation award is meant to punish the defendant for his or her wrongful acts. These damages are difficult to predict.
No two burn injury claims are the same. Each requires personalized attention from attorneys with experience in the field. Most burns, however, deserve considerable compensation as catastrophic injuries. If you’re curious about financial recourse for your burn injury, talk to us during a free case evaluation. We’ll measure your losses, calculate their worth, and help you take the first steps toward financial recovery, if possible. We’re here to help you during this dark and difficult time. Let us take the burden of legal work off your shoulders. Call (855) 946-6464 today.